eastGhost

Strange, dark and macabre intrigues; deep, broad, intense.   Find your truth.   Share your experience.   Since 2005.   9 entities present.

Haunts. History. Lore. Entities. Encounters. Explorations. Photography. Research. Preservation.









FINDINGS -- Haldeman Mansion Investigation, Bainbridge, PA

eastGhost.com with M.A.P.I., Sep 2019.

Several teams attended in 3 groups: inside the Main House, inside the Summer House, outside on the grounds.

Approximately 10:30pm: Interesting, the colorful stationary "orbs" hovering near Liz and Cliff, southeast of Main House, despite no flash with only ambient lighting during long exposure. Numerous reports include communications with young aethereal prankster "Jacob" and sightings of shadow apparitions and the "little girl upstairs".

Gauss meter response, quiet at around 0.1 Gs for most of the night in the Main House, agitated and skyrocketed up to 13 Gs during our singing of Civil War era songs in the Summer House. Meter sat stationary. We took notice: "It was as if ghosts were dancing or whirling about unseen right in front of us."

Liz' copper divining rods were active as usual and responding promptly and clearly to questions posed; copper rods in a sanitized, human-removed apparatus did not respond to any prompting. LASER shadowing, animal boobytraps, and other meters and apparatii went silent/unaffected.

We welcome other investigators to login and add their findings, comments, links.

Thank you, M.A.P.I.; we had a superb time.






RESEARCH -- How School Destroyed Your Curiosity - Amanda Rachwitz

Karma demands They must disclose intent to victims






Poesoned by Jesuits: Discover Jesuit Subterfuge In Action

Consider the circumstantial evidence for Poe having been poisoned by Jesuits -- Edgar Allen Poe, a literary "Oprah Winfrey" popular celebrity of his time, and also (in recent Catholic publications) an oft-touted poker-playing good friend and next-door neighbor of Jesuits, seems most likely to have been poisoned whilst in Catholic-laden Baltimore, by Jesuits, as seems their wont, in order to silence his self-proclaimed greatest, longest and sadly final work, "EUREKA", which painstakingly posits the simple and pernicious dismissal of the intently humanity-minimizing Jesuitical cosmology thusly: An infinite number (or even merely the Jesuitically-insisted upon "vast number" - hear Carl Sagan's "billions and billions") of stars would make even the darkest night sky as bright as day.

With all the supposed stars in the Jesuitically theorized cosmos, the darkest night sky should appear bright as day.

Spookily, the U.S. Park Service docents at Poe's house in Philadelphia resoundingly demean EUREKA, apparently abetting to shame and mislead curious sheeple back into flock. Go try it yourself; mention EUREKA to a US Park Service custodian of the Poe museum in Philadelphia; login and report back what you hear. Witness their off-putting derision and ridicule first-hand, versus the otherwise reasonably expected warm welcome befitting any increased curiosity, discussion and wonder even mildly instigated by Poe -- after all it is his museum; open minds expect curators would be lighting and fanning fires not extinguishing them. Also look at how Poe's EUREKA -- his final, longest and self-proclaimed greatest work -- is suspiciously absent from nearly all publications available at the Poe museum. What a curious thing to have to dutifully seek out, and in there is the clue. Witness the handywork of Jesuit mislead and control by omission.






FOREST GLEN: Higher Form of Boo Under Charm of Eras Past

To celebrate this season of boo here are a few nighttime shots, exploratory notes and research findings that together weave an eerie menagerie. Below is the statue of Minerva at Forest Glen, Maryland. The aging structure is the remainder of a 'Spanish Dorm' at the northeast corner of the property. About one-half mile along Minerva's Medusa'd gaze looms the Mormon Temple.

This fascinating complex is steeped in oddity, military and medical intrigues, darkly intertwining and spanning from our nation's founding days to our present. Spooky enough all on its own, but when it's real, and militarily verifiably so, that's what really gets you ...transmogrifying mere goosebumps into palpable fear.

BELOW Statue of Minerva near remainder of Spanish Dorm

Forest Glen was a close-by ecape-destination providing early Washingon, DC residents cool relief in its comparative highlands (DC was in part literally a swamp, hot, muggy, Potomac River in the summer) before it was a premiere girls' finishing school; then it became an Army convalescence home before being used for biowar research ... and then ultimately becoming an expensive housing development (!).

Concerted efforts at reclamation and historical preservation have been ongoing for many years. The property was a failed (or abandoned?) farming thing, then a failed commercial thing, then a failed educational thing, then a failed military thing, and now it's a pseudo military-commercial historical-preservation compound meets high-priced housing collective kinda thing. The depth and twists of its many at-odds juxtapositions and uncanny energies give lasting allure to all things Forest Glen.

Save Our Seminary

Also on the property is a magnificent Spanish Ballroom, an authentic Dutch windmill (sorority house), several other unusual structures, and Maryland's only real Japanese Pagoda.

BELOW Japanese Pagoda, Spanish Ballroom

BELOW Dutch Windmill Sorority House, one of the many fanciful housings for students during the finishing school era of Forest Glen.

BELOW Italian Marble Fountain, a prideful centerpiece long ago drained and silenced; recent restoration efforts have provided new hope of watery resurrection.

Bad deaths alerted by numerous seances undertaken on the property and an unshakably intertwined history of military misery and biowarfare taint the area. The same commander at Frederick Maryland's FORT DETRICK (25 miles to the northwest) is also in-charge of the adjacent Forest Glen Annex and its noxious Walter Reed Army Institute of (biowarfare) Research. By some accounts, the Army spent '7 figures' on work in the woods immediately northwest of the FGA – but exploration revealed only one of 7 bridges was shored-up, not even rebuilt; meanwhile, what are expensively out-of-place: Numerous sink-tubes, filled in, capped, yet having automatic monitoring sensors and electronics, ostensibly 'gas sniffers' but more likely having something to do with potential bio-outbreak-causing leakage from the nation's [publicly-admitted] largest germ warfare lab and production monster sitting right up the hill...

BELOW Path to Expensive Bio Sensors In The Woods Adjacent To BUILDING 503 – "The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) is the largest biomedical research facility administered by the U.S. Department of Defense."

Totally coincidentally, of course, Maryland's first “outbreak” of West Nile Virus was detected in the woods immediately west of the Forest Glen Annex biowarfare production facility. This hauntingly mirrors the first detected "outbreak" of Lyme Disease in Old Lyme, Connecticut, at the very spot where the ferry landed from Plum Island, the USDA's zoonotical / tick-born disease research facility, also totally coincidental, of course, but that's a whole other intrigue – see the books HIGHER FORM OF KILLING and LAB 257.

BELOW Beta Castle at Forest Glen, sensitives routinely pick-up strong spiritual energies. Washington Post archives confirm a deadly fall from the rooftop in early 1900s. Rods, ouija and guardian-angel communications respond fervently along the path in front of the castle. Reported experiences here have included muffled voices, foreboding of anger, and "stones thrown".

BELOW What was around back in the lower floors, however, gave a totally different kind of eerie chill – animal cages, lab facilities, and what one sensitive described as "an impenetrable veil". Unclassified military records confirmed medical and biowarfare research; nearby massive BUILDING 503 biowar lab echoes these findings.

Regarding the expensive housing uncomfortably nearby, in the scheme of things DC and compared to the still-buried live World War One munitions in DC's initially-pricey Spring Valley neighborhood (on American University land once used by military for testing / proving grounds), namely Mustard, Chlorine and Phosphgene gas munitions -- "yellow cross", "green cross", and "white cross", respectively, named for the markings on the bombshell casings -- wealthy families living within eyesight (and positively within slightest-whiff distance of accidental toxin release) of the nation's largest [publicly-admitted] biowarfare lab and production facility hardly raises any dead. Yet.

Military Wiki -- Walter Reed Army Institute of [biowar] Research

Walter Reed Army Institute of Research -- This article is about the U.S. Army medical research institute (not the hospital). Otherwise, see Walter Reed (disambiguation). The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) is the largest biomedical research facility administered by the U.S...

The Forest Glen area of land was originally owned by the Carroll family, of Founding Father infamy, and it was long ago a tobacco plantation. In those days, Rock Creek, which empties into Washington’s Georgetown near the first lock of the C&O Canal, was much deeper and rapidly flowing; now it is barely a trickle sans rainstorms. Tobacco was harvested and rolled down from the higher ground to the Rock Creek and then floated down to Georgetown upon shallow raft, it is said.

BELOW Moving shadows and phantamasgoric mists appear throughout the property, which is unexpectedly steeply terrain-ful with many intricate bridges, statues, constructs, stone carvings and features hidden by growth, forgotten to time.

The Carroll graves in nearby cemeteries are very interesting to visit with empaths and spiritual friends, even in the daylight but especially as dark waxes. Slave graves long ago covered over (relocated? doubt it) give credence to spine-chilling tales of hauntings, both audible and sightings all over the facilities, including inside the WRAMC Commissary and reported off-official-record by military personnel. If you can imagine "Poltergeist" happening to the military, that gets at the deeper, darker, multi-faceted soul of Forest Glen.

BELOW - Area map of Forest Glen with some highlights marked. Several residents living on the property and nearby have contacted us to confirm these findings and report other experiences. Orbful photographs and wil-o-wisps are common, along with disembodied shrieks at night not attributable to corporeal animals. It's not just 'one or two' but dozens. Over years. Claimants include well-to-do residents and active military personnel.

Regarding the endless amount of military, medical, political, and Occult weirdness that permeates DC and surroundings, you just have to know where to look and who to ask for the good stuff – and that is nearly never any 'official' sources or controlled outlets.

Visit Forest Glen sometime when you get a chance; much of it is open to the public without ID checks. Walk in the woods, bring a camera and some copper divining rods, maybe some dice, an open mind, and at least one unflappable friend of stout heart ...just be careful what you touch and even more careful about what touches you.

Be sure to login and add your pictures, findings and experiences to the organic research / findings / experiences entry on Forest Glen. Same goes for other haunts and attractions collected in our gargantuan haunts database.


A few Haunts

The following content is reincarnated from a street racing site that unwittingly ignited intense interest in all things paranormal.


Abandoned DC-area race tracks.

Several abandoned race tracks dot the DC area.

The Corvette Stingray made its US debut in 1959 at one of them. Mario Andretti and similar big names had early career wins at local tracks like Marlboro Raceway and Baltimore-Washington Track.

No hauntings reported yet, but the pictures we've seen so far look pretty creepy. More info soon. Thanks to Mark for the link! http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=369665


The Vintage Racer site

Aquasco Speedway - Drag strip and Speedway south of Aquasco, Maryland. Closed in 1972. Directly south of Andrews AFB, way down by Eagle Harbor near the Calvert Cliffs nuclear power plant at the confluence of Prince Georges county, Calvert county and Charles county.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=2&s=11&x=876&y=10672&z=18&w=1
http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?T=2&S=12&Z=18&X=438&Y=5336&W=3

Beltsville Speedway -- Beltsville, MD -- Prince Georges county -- 1965 - 1978

http://thevintageracer.com/tracks/beltsville.htm

Built by Tom Lillis, this 1/2 mile asphalt oval with banked turns was located Springfield Road, off Powder Mill Road, near the Baltimore - Washington Parkway. It was originally known as the Baltimore-Washington Speedway for the first 1 1/2 years of operation.

In 1965 & 1966 the track hosted NASCAR Modifieds and Late Model Sportsman. From 1967 to 1978 they ran NASCAR Late Model Sportsman, Limited Sportsman and Cadets. Initially racing on Wedensday nights, racing was eventually moved to Friday nights.

Other divisions hosted at Beltsville Speedway included URC Sprints, Midgets, 10 Winston Cup (then known as Grand National) races, as well as NASCAR Grand American races. During the last few years of operation, Prince Georges County imposed strict noise restrictions and began monitoring the events. This required the facility to build a sound wall and the cars had to begin running mufflers.

The Capitol College technical school now occupies on the site.


Dorsey Speedway DORSEY, MD. - Howard county - 1951-1985

http://thevintageracer.com/tracks/dorsey_01.htm http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=1743&y=21693&z=18&w=1

Dorsey Speedway was located a few miles south of Elkridge, MD in Howard County near the corner of Route 1 (Washington Blvd) and Dorsey Rd. (Rt. 103, Rt. 100 & Rt. 95) Original owner and builder Dawse Wolf laid out a track closer to Washington Blvd. about 1950 or early 1951. This location proved bad as the track was higher than the spectator area. Through the efforts of Bob Wallace, who would be the first president of the Free State Stock Car Racing Assn., Schmelyum Construction and others, dirt was hauled in and the track relocated further back down Dorsey Rd. The first recorded race at the new mile clay oval would be on 9/31/51 with Pee Wee Pobletts taking the win. In 1952 it ran Friday and Saturday nights with Free State sanction. In 1953 it was Friday nights only again with Free State. In 1954 it went to a NASCAR sanction and raced on Thursday nights. It was back to Fridays in 1955 and Free State would sanction races there through 1960.

During these years the Sportsman-Modified class was the main division with the Hobby class being started about 1955. There were also specials including Northern Virginia & Pen-Mar late models, midgets and motorcycles. A new addition in 1958 was a dirt road course (using part of the oval) for sports cars. In 1963 the track would be refurbished again to widen the turns and add more banking causing a late opening. In 1964 the track went back to some two night a week racing, with the Limited Sportsman, Hobby and sometimes Midgets racing on Saturdays.

1965 saw several changes to the Dorsey format. The year started with the Sportsman-Modified class as the top division, then shifted to Late Models for a few weeks. By mid summer PA. Promoter Hilley Rife took over and brought in the Central PA. Supermodifieds and Late Models. Also an important addition was the Figure 8 class. They would stay at Dorsey till the end and become one of the most popular classes at the track. Hilley would continue in 1966 and 1967 with the same classes of cars.

More changes came in 1968 that would set the tracks course till the end in 1985. Local promoters took over and set the Late Model class as the top division. The older body styles were out and many of the drivers from the previous 2 years were gone. Many of the drivers that raced at Dorsey in the 50s were now making the switch to the Late Model division.

One more change was the switch to Saturday nights. The car count was very good through the remaining years as Dorsey developed a local group of driver and owners, some who only raced at this track. The demand for valuable land in the area brought the end to Dorsey as the Myers family sold the track and saw it developed into a warehouse/industrial park. The last race at Dorsey was on Aug 25, 1985 and won by George Kopchak. The following week a Demolition Derby closed out all racing at the track.


Hagerstown Speedway Hargerstown, MD

http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=10&T=1&X=1280&Y=21969&Z=18&W=2

Marlboro Raceway Upper Marlboro, MD

http://www.dixierunners.speedgeezers.com/marlboro/

Drivers like Mark Donohue, Skip Barber, and Roger Penske raced sportscars here, Mario Andretti won a sprint car race on the oval, the Corvette Stingray made its world debut in a race at Marlboro, and Clark, Stewart, and Ickx drove Cortinas here in a sedan race. The cars at Marlboro ranged from Hillman Imps to 7-liter Cobras, Sprites and 356 Porsches to the 40,000 RPM Howmet Turbine car -- which scored one of its two wins (the only wins ever posted by a turbine-powered car) at Marlboro.

Track History

Marlboro Speedway, in Upper Marlboro, MD, USA, was a major feature of the east coast sports car racing circuit. After the success of a 1954 race at nearby Andrews Air Force Base, local SCCA members -- known as "The Lavender Hill Mob" -- convinced the owner of the track at Upper Marlboro to extend the small oval into a sports car track. Marlboro hosted sports car races from the 1955 until 1969.

Drivers like Mark Donohue, Skip Barber, and Roger Penske raced sportscars here, Mario Andretti won a sprint car race on the oval, the Corvette Stingray made its world debut in a race at Marlboro, and Clark, Stewart, and Ickx drove Cortinas here in a sedan race. The cars at Marlboro ranged from Hillman Imps to 7-liter Cobras, Sprites and 356 Porsches to the 40,000 RPM Howmet Turbine car -- which scored one of its two wins (the only wins ever posted by a turbine-poweed car) at Marlboro.

The two biggest attractions of the year were the Refrigerator Bowl, held every January, and the Turkey Bowl, held in November. In between, Marlboro ran regional SCCA races monthly, Sprint cars on the oval every week, 6 and 12 hour endurance races, and a number of drivers' schools as well. It even hosted a round of the Trans-Am series in 1968. Sadly, the track was abandoned in the late sixties due to a combination of urban sprawl and increasing safety regulation. Since it sits in the flood plain and would be nearly impossible to get permission to build over, the track survives today, slowly being overtaken by the trees.

Thanks to the testers -- John King, Bill and Dave Kutz, and Nenne -- for helping me whip this track into shape. Thanks to Eric Bourgouin for textures, BAPOM for the maps and program cover, Keiron for the cameras, Pirenzo for alien setups, and Paul Jackson for hosting the track. Thanks to Brent Adams and the Lime Rock team for a couple of borrowed bits, Lou Magyar, John Basara, and Mark Daniels for advice, the GPLEA for their work and the borrowed esso sign. Thanks to all the toolmakers who make this possible. Thanks to everyone who has helped GPL become what it is today. Thanks to Guru.

Lap Guide:

As you pass the start/finish line and prepare to leave the banked oval, move to the right. The crest as you cross the top of the banking will launch you pretty severely if you are on the left. It's downhill and on the brakes into turns one and two, a chicane with good camber...which disappears at the exit to two.

Turn 3 is a hairpin, with more camber on the inside half. The outside here is flat, and slower. Four and five are a combination that puts you on the back straight The braking zone at the end is bumpy and sets up Creek Corner, a 135 degree double-apex left, which gradually builds camber.

Accelerate out of Creek and down towards the Boot -- the braking zone is a tricky kink to the right, followed by the left-hand heel, then toe, that make up the boot.

The next corner -- called Subway -- gradually loses camber, becoming a negative-camber turn by its exit.

Next is Cappy's Corner, named for a local club member at the first race held on the sports car course. Cappy's was a riot. Every different type of car (and some types of drivers) had a different line around Cappy's. It was an agonizingly slow, never-ending turn.

After rounding Cappy's there was a sharp incline to get over the banking of the oval. Entering the oval, as when exiting, it was preferable to be to the right as far as possible. This gave less flight time and a better run to the final turn.



http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks/Marlboro.html

1958 Roger Penske drives his first official race in the SCCA National at Marlboro Motor Raceway in Maryland. After running second, his car overheats.