eastGhost

Strange, dark and macabre intrigues; deep, broad, intense.   Find your truth.   Share your experience.   Since 2005.   9 entities present.

Haunts. History. Lore. Entities. Encounters. Explorations. Photography. Research. Preservation.









FINDINGS -- Haldeman Mansion Investigation, Bainbridge, PA

eastGhost.com with M.A.P.I., Sep 2019.

Several teams attended in 3 groups: inside the Main House, inside the Summer House, outside on the grounds.

Approximately 10:30pm: Interesting, the colorful stationary "orbs" hovering near Liz and Cliff, southeast of Main House, despite no flash with only ambient lighting during long exposure. Numerous reports include communications with young aethereal prankster "Jacob" and sightings of shadow apparitions and the "little girl upstairs".

Gauss meter response, quiet at around 0.1 Gs for most of the night in the Main House, agitated and skyrocketed up to 13 Gs during our singing of Civil War era songs in the Summer House. Meter sat stationary. We took notice: "It was as if ghosts were dancing or whirling about unseen right in front of us."

Liz' copper divining rods were active as usual and responding promptly and clearly to questions posed; copper rods in a sanitized, human-removed apparatus did not respond to any prompting. LASER shadowing, animal boobytraps, and other meters and apparatii went silent/unaffected.

We welcome other investigators to login and add their findings, comments, links.

Thank you, M.A.P.I.; we had a superb time.






RESEARCH -- How School Destroyed Your Curiosity - Amanda Rachwitz

Karma demands They must disclose intent to victims






Poesoned by Jesuits: Discover Jesuit Subterfuge In Action

Consider the circumstantial evidence for Poe having been poisoned by Jesuits -- Edgar Allen Poe, a literary "Oprah Winfrey" popular celebrity of his time, and also (in recent Catholic publications) an oft-touted poker-playing good friend and next-door neighbor of Jesuits, seems most likely to have been poisoned whilst in Catholic-laden Baltimore, by Jesuits, as seems their wont, in order to silence his self-proclaimed greatest, longest and sadly final work, "EUREKA", which painstakingly posits the simple and pernicious dismissal of the intently humanity-minimizing Jesuitical cosmology thusly: An infinite number (or even merely the Jesuitically-insisted upon "vast number" - hear Carl Sagan's "billions and billions") of stars would make even the darkest night sky as bright as day.

With all the supposed stars in the Jesuitically theorized cosmos, the darkest night sky should appear bright as day.

Spookily, the U.S. Park Service docents at Poe's house in Philadelphia resoundingly demean EUREKA, apparently abetting to shame and mislead curious sheeple back into flock. Go try it yourself; mention EUREKA to a US Park Service custodian of the Poe museum in Philadelphia; login and report back what you hear. Witness their off-putting derision and ridicule first-hand, versus the otherwise reasonably expected warm welcome befitting any increased curiosity, discussion and wonder even mildly instigated by Poe -- after all it is his museum; open minds expect curators would be lighting and fanning fires not extinguishing them. Also look at how Poe's EUREKA -- his final, longest and self-proclaimed greatest work -- is suspiciously absent from nearly all publications available at the Poe museum. What a curious thing to have to dutifully seek out, and in there is the clue. Witness the handywork of Jesuit mislead and control by omission.






FOREST GLEN: Higher Form of Boo Under Charm of Eras Past

To celebrate this season of boo here are a few nighttime shots, exploratory notes and research findings that together weave an eerie menagerie. Below is the statue of Minerva at Forest Glen, Maryland. The aging structure is the remainder of a 'Spanish Dorm' at the northeast corner of the property. About one-half mile along Minerva's Medusa'd gaze looms the Mormon Temple.

This fascinating complex is steeped in oddity, military and medical intrigues, darkly intertwining and spanning from our nation's founding days to our present. Spooky enough all on its own, but when it's real, and militarily verifiably so, that's what really gets you ...transmogrifying mere goosebumps into palpable fear.

BELOW Statue of Minerva near remainder of Spanish Dorm

Forest Glen was a close-by ecape-destination providing early Washingon, DC residents cool relief in its comparative highlands (DC was in part literally a swamp, hot, muggy, Potomac River in the summer) before it was a premiere girls' finishing school; then it became an Army convalescence home before being used for biowar research ... and then ultimately becoming an expensive housing development (!).

Concerted efforts at reclamation and historical preservation have been ongoing for many years. The property was a failed (or abandoned?) farming thing, then a failed commercial thing, then a failed educational thing, then a failed military thing, and now it's a pseudo military-commercial historical-preservation compound meets high-priced housing collective kinda thing. The depth and twists of its many at-odds juxtapositions and uncanny energies give lasting allure to all things Forest Glen.

Save Our Seminary

Also on the property is a magnificent Spanish Ballroom, an authentic Dutch windmill (sorority house), several other unusual structures, and Maryland's only real Japanese Pagoda.

BELOW Japanese Pagoda, Spanish Ballroom

BELOW Dutch Windmill Sorority House, one of the many fanciful housings for students during the finishing school era of Forest Glen.

BELOW Italian Marble Fountain, a prideful centerpiece long ago drained and silenced; recent restoration efforts have provided new hope of watery resurrection.

Bad deaths alerted by numerous seances undertaken on the property and an unshakably intertwined history of military misery and biowarfare taint the area. The same commander at Frederick Maryland's FORT DETRICK (25 miles to the northwest) is also in-charge of the adjacent Forest Glen Annex and its noxious Walter Reed Army Institute of (biowarfare) Research. By some accounts, the Army spent '7 figures' on work in the woods immediately northwest of the FGA – but exploration revealed only one of 7 bridges was shored-up, not even rebuilt; meanwhile, what are expensively out-of-place: Numerous sink-tubes, filled in, capped, yet having automatic monitoring sensors and electronics, ostensibly 'gas sniffers' but more likely having something to do with potential bio-outbreak-causing leakage from the nation's [publicly-admitted] largest germ warfare lab and production monster sitting right up the hill...

BELOW Path to Expensive Bio Sensors In The Woods Adjacent To BUILDING 503 – "The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) is the largest biomedical research facility administered by the U.S. Department of Defense."

Totally coincidentally, of course, Maryland's first “outbreak” of West Nile Virus was detected in the woods immediately west of the Forest Glen Annex biowarfare production facility. This hauntingly mirrors the first detected "outbreak" of Lyme Disease in Old Lyme, Connecticut, at the very spot where the ferry landed from Plum Island, the USDA's zoonotical / tick-born disease research facility, also totally coincidental, of course, but that's a whole other intrigue – see the books HIGHER FORM OF KILLING and LAB 257.

BELOW Beta Castle at Forest Glen, sensitives routinely pick-up strong spiritual energies. Washington Post archives confirm a deadly fall from the rooftop in early 1900s. Rods, ouija and guardian-angel communications respond fervently along the path in front of the castle. Reported experiences here have included muffled voices, foreboding of anger, and "stones thrown".

BELOW What was around back in the lower floors, however, gave a totally different kind of eerie chill – animal cages, lab facilities, and what one sensitive described as "an impenetrable veil". Unclassified military records confirmed medical and biowarfare research; nearby massive BUILDING 503 biowar lab echoes these findings.

Regarding the expensive housing uncomfortably nearby, in the scheme of things DC and compared to the still-buried live World War One munitions in DC's initially-pricey Spring Valley neighborhood (on American University land once used by military for testing / proving grounds), namely Mustard, Chlorine and Phosphgene gas munitions -- "yellow cross", "green cross", and "white cross", respectively, named for the markings on the bombshell casings -- wealthy families living within eyesight (and positively within slightest-whiff distance of accidental toxin release) of the nation's largest [publicly-admitted] biowarfare lab and production facility hardly raises any dead. Yet.

Military Wiki -- Walter Reed Army Institute of [biowar] Research

Walter Reed Army Institute of Research -- This article is about the U.S. Army medical research institute (not the hospital). Otherwise, see Walter Reed (disambiguation). The Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR) is the largest biomedical research facility administered by the U.S...

The Forest Glen area of land was originally owned by the Carroll family, of Founding Father infamy, and it was long ago a tobacco plantation. In those days, Rock Creek, which empties into Washington’s Georgetown near the first lock of the C&O Canal, was much deeper and rapidly flowing; now it is barely a trickle sans rainstorms. Tobacco was harvested and rolled down from the higher ground to the Rock Creek and then floated down to Georgetown upon shallow raft, it is said.

BELOW Moving shadows and phantamasgoric mists appear throughout the property, which is unexpectedly steeply terrain-ful with many intricate bridges, statues, constructs, stone carvings and features hidden by growth, forgotten to time.

The Carroll graves in nearby cemeteries are very interesting to visit with empaths and spiritual friends, even in the daylight but especially as dark waxes. Slave graves long ago covered over (relocated? doubt it) give credence to spine-chilling tales of hauntings, both audible and sightings all over the facilities, including inside the WRAMC Commissary and reported off-official-record by military personnel. If you can imagine "Poltergeist" happening to the military, that gets at the deeper, darker, multi-faceted soul of Forest Glen.

BELOW - Area map of Forest Glen with some highlights marked. Several residents living on the property and nearby have contacted us to confirm these findings and report other experiences. Orbful photographs and wil-o-wisps are common, along with disembodied shrieks at night not attributable to corporeal animals. It's not just 'one or two' but dozens. Over years. Claimants include well-to-do residents and active military personnel.

Regarding the endless amount of military, medical, political, and Occult weirdness that permeates DC and surroundings, you just have to know where to look and who to ask for the good stuff – and that is nearly never any 'official' sources or controlled outlets.

Visit Forest Glen sometime when you get a chance; much of it is open to the public without ID checks. Walk in the woods, bring a camera and some copper divining rods, maybe some dice, an open mind, and at least one unflappable friend of stout heart ...just be careful what you touch and even more careful about what touches you.

Be sure to login and add your pictures, findings and experiences to the organic research / findings / experiences entry on Forest Glen. Same goes for other haunts and attractions collected in our gargantuan haunts database.


A few Haunts

The following content is reincarnated from a street racing site that unwittingly ignited intense interest in all things paranormal.


Crownsville State Mental Hospital

"There is a separate building for the Negroes. This building is, without doubt, the worst of kind within the state."

Maryland Mental History

Spring Grove Hospital in Baltimore County, Springfield Hospital in Carroll County and Crownsville Hospital in Anne Arundel County. The MHA operated approximately 1,200 psychiatric beds and employs 3,100 individuals. Each of the regional hospitals have multiple tenants on their grounds and each host clinical training programs.

Over the past two decades, MHA has reduced its beds by 4,000 or 73%. Although the MHA operates 1,200 beds, 50% of those beds are forensic and are occupied by individuals who are court ordered for competency and responsibility evaluations or committed for treatment upon a finding of incompetent to stand trial or not criminally responsible due to a mental disorder. The reduction in the number of beds is a result of improved medications and growth in community-based services in response to the Supreme Court?s Olmstead decision.

The review process included a data-driven study of issues by hospital leadership that examined all of the Central Maryland Regional Facilities. All agreed that their goal was to maintain or improve the quality of care, maintain current bed capacity and achieve capital and operating savings. It was important to maintain current bed capacity, as the courts are still committing people at record numbers and there are backlogs in the hospital emergency rooms. The MHA would like to create more community placements, however, there are no funds available at this time.

There were many issues to consider when consolidating, the first, was the patients. This closure was going to cause disruption to their treatment and their support system. There was concern regarding the impact on family, staff and the community. There are legal concerns, one half of the population are court involved. There are also tenant issues as well as programming capacity and ongoing operating issues. Crownsville was chosen because the least number of patients would be affected, Crownsville had fewer state agencies on their campus and posed the least number of potential layoffs.

Ms. Sheilah Davenport, CEO, Crownsville Hospital, informed the Committee that the hospital has been in existence since 1910 and had 200 patients when the consolidation process began and currently has 82 patients remaining, all of whom will be transferring to Springfield or Spring Grove Hospitals by June 30th. At the beginning of the process, there were 468 employees, 109 were given notice that they will not be given a placement in another MHA hospital. The people not placed were administrative and support staff. Due to a consorted effort by DHMH Human Resources, all but 12 of that 109 people have been given placements in other state agencies and those 12 have been given layoff notices. Personnel continues to work on finding these people placements. All clinical staff were reassigned to either Spring Grove or Springfield Hospitals and moved primarily with their patients to maintain continuity. The consolidation process has gone relatively smoothly and took the concerns expressed by families very seriously and moved patients to the facilities that they or their family had requested.

It is still unclear as to what will happen to the campus. Anne Arundel County is interested in acquiring the property. A skeletal crew will remain behind on the premises to make sure the property remains safe and is maintained.

RAND JURY INSPECTIONS OF STATE HOSPITALS AND SCHOOLS by Pat Melville

[Continuation of analysis of ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY CIRCUIT COURT (Grand Jury Reports) 1933-1966 [MSA C2137] and ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION (Grand Jury Reports) 1969-1981 [MSA CM1178].]

The Anne Arundel County grand juries inspected the state hospitals and schools in the county. The committees looked at both the physical plant and the administration of each facility. The institutions included Crownsville State Hospital, Clifton T. Perkins State Hospital, and Barrett School for Girls.

Crownsville State Hospital was established in 1910 to house and care for insane persons among the African American population within the state. It was desegregated in 1949. Throughout the 1940s the grand jury lamented the practice of placing criminally insane and older, senile people in the hospital. In the 1950s the grand jury reports referred to periodic riots which were blamed on operating the facility both as a mental hospital and a penal institution. Overcrowding necessitated the mixing of the two types of patents. In 1955 the patent population reached 2600. Some buildings were jammed full of beds and others contained individual bedrooms and commodious day rooms.

As with the penal facilities, the grand jury of the April 1965 Term conducted a very thorough examination of the Crownsville State Hospital and reported their findings in detail. By then most of the patients were coming from a specific geographical area, specifically southeast Baltimore, Anne Arundel County, and Southern Maryland. A Community Psychiatric Center provided out-patient treatment of mental disorders. An Alcoholic Rehabilitation Unit treated alcoholics who admitted themselves or had been committed by a judge, family, or friends. The unit experienced a high return rate because community based out-patient clinics were unavailable. The grand jury inspection included training opportunities for patients which involved home economics, manual arts, upholstery, shoe repair, cosmetology, clerical work, reproduction and duplication, custodial services, food services, sewing, painting, nurses aide, and horticulture. The jurors presented several recommendations for the hospital, such as recruitment and inducement pay for psychiatric aides, removal of some geriatric patients to nursing homes, improved methods for treatment of alcoholism, means to transport visitors without cars, and private offices with air conditioning for doctors.

In 1976 the grand jury reported that "patient care appeared inadequate, facilities seemed in disrepair and in need of replacement or refurbishment..., the number of personnel on duty seemed limited [with] a very low level of morale on the part of the patients." A formal inquiry was deemed unnecessary since a consultant had already been hired to investigate hospital management. By 1981 the jury was pleased to note immense improvement at the hospital.

The Clifton T. Perkins State Hospital was established in 1959 as a maximum security facility for mentally ill prisoners and other psychiatric patients needing secure confinement. The grand jury devoted few resources to this facility, and in 1966 described it as a small hospital with few problems.

The Barrett School for Girls began as a private school in 1882 and was purchased by the State in 1931 for African American female juvenile delinquents. The school seemed to average between 60 and 70 residents. Periodically the grand jury would criticize the operating expenses, especially personnel. In 1953 the teacher to student ratio was one to seven, contributing to an annual cost of $3000 per resident. The equivalent cost at Crownsville was $1000 per inmate and in the county schools was $175 to $225 per pupil. In 1955 the jury called attention to physical problems at the school, such as worn floor coverings, old kitchen sinks, missing or damaged screen doors, peeling paint, and battered dining room furniture. Three years later repairs were completed. In 1963 the Barrett School merged with and moved to the Montrose School for Girls.

At the local level the grand jury intermittently inspected the Anne Arundel Hospital between 1933 and 1941 and health centers in 1948 and 1957-1958, and usually adjudged them in good condition. The 1933 report noted the upcoming elimination of student nursing classes at the former facility because of a surplus in the profession and insufficient experience garnered at a small hospital.


1520 Crownsville Rd., Crownsville, MD 21032 -- right across the road from the Maryland Rennaissance Festival. Hmmm.

map


Historians Work To Honor Mental Hospital Patients
Thousands Buried In Overgrown Grave

POSTED: 4:53 pm EST February 27, 2004

ANNAPOLIS, Md. -- There is a cemetery just outside of Annapolis that carries the sad remains of a time when the mentally ill had few allies and even fewer opportunities for a normal life.

Crownsville Hospital

Buried there are more than 2,000 African-Americans who were the original patients at a place once called the Hospital for the Negro Insane, now known as Crownsville Hospital.

The state wants to close the hospital to save money. That has prompted an Annapolis historian to start a crusade to save the cemetery and the memory of those buried there.

It was not easy being black at the turn of the last century, and even harder for the mentally ill. The white hospitals didn't want them, and, in many cases, neither did their families.

In 1911, in the spirit of reform, the state of Maryland created the Hospital for the Negro Insane, which gathered these outcasts in one place. It was considered progressive.

There, in the hands of white doctors and nurses, they were subject to the new therapies, like soaking in freezing water, being swaddled in hot blankets and solitary confinement.

When the depression hit, it became overcrowded. Young boys were placed in wards with older men who would sexually abuse them.

Patients slept two to a bed. The staff was overwhelmed. Patient logs show people dying from infected bed sores and gangrene.

The sick could not be isolated. Tuberculosis was rampant.

For many, the abuse continued after death, as some were taken to the University of Maryland Medical School and used as cadavers.

The rest were buried on an overgrown hillside behind the hospital, under stones as broken and sad as the lives that ended there.

"(There are) no names, just numbers. They need someone to speak for them," said Janice Hayes-Williams.

Hayes-Williams and social worker Paul Lurz have become the voice for the 2,400 souls.

As the descendent of Annapolis slaves, Hayes-Williams believes the lives of these people must be noted for their descendants.

"People need to know their family members are there," Hayes-Williams said.

She and a group of volunteers are now combing through the state records, determined to learn who died there, so a monument can be created with all their names.

"(It's) a memory to their trauma, their difficult lives, the hardships they endured here. I don't think, as a society, as a people, we should forget that," Lurz said.

It's said that the manner in which a community cares for its dead reflects the tender mercies of its people.

Hayes-Williams and Lurz periodically clear the dead leaves and debris from the fading stones and hope that the patients buried in the graveyard will finally be granted some small measure of dignity and kindness.

Anyone wanting more information about the project can contact Hayes-Williams at ourlocallegacy@aol.com or Lurz at (410) 729-6526.

adapted from nbc4.com


Historic mental hospital closes By Robert Redding Jr. THE WASHINGTON TIMES Published June 29, 2004 When the last handful of mentally ill patients leave Crownsville Hospital Center today, the state of Maryland will close the doors on a nearly century-old facility, leaving behind an empty building -- and a potter's field of unmarked graves holding the remains of the hundreds of mostly black patients. "The graves and the burial site will be retained, maintained and treated with the kind of dignity and respect that one would expect," said state Health Secretary Nelson J. Sabatini. He said the Anne Arundel County hospital, formerly known as the Hospital for the Negro Insane, will historically preserve roughly 500 acres of the 1,200-acre campus, where 1,800 graves of the hospital'spredominately black former patients are located. The hospital -- which at one time housed 1,300 patients annually with a ratio of one doctor to 225 adults and children in buildings meant for 1,100 -- is shutting its doors this week to save taxpayers $12 million a year. Its patient population peaked in 1955 at 2,719. Today, the last of its 200 patients will be transferred to the state's two remaining treatment facilities at Spring Grove Hospital Center in Baltimore County and Springfield Hospital Center in Carroll County -- largely because of advances in psycho-pharmaceutical medicine that enables a shift away from warehousing those with mental illnesses. "This is about restructuring the delivery system to make it more efficient," said Mr. Sabatini, who added the mental health system will continue treating the same number of patients. He said the remaining nonprofit organizations renting space on the hospital grounds will be allowed to stay until government officials exercise first options on the land or until a private company buys the land. The hospital, established by the General Assembly in 1910, began operation the next year, and was renamed Crownsville State Hospital in 1912. Although the hospital was built to be a service to the mentally ill, patients who were lost, were homeless or had syphilis and tuberculosis also ended up there. After death, many of the bodies either were claimed by family, buried in private cemeteries or sent to Baltimore for brain experiments. Staffers, however, buried an estimated 1,800 people on the grounds. About 1,400 are in unnamed graves, marked with numbers to protect their families' identities. Historians have been working for three years to complete identification -- difficult because many of the headstones did not have names on them until 1953. Mr. Sabatini said the closing will create a more efficient system enabling the state to direct $5 million into community-based programs for the mentally ill. The state also has set aside another $1 million to maintain the campus. "That was very old facility that required a great deal of maintenance," he said. "It would have required some significant capital investment in the very near future." He said that nearly all of the 490 Crownsville employees have found new jobs and that the remaining eight are being assisted with employment. But Sandy Bellamy, executive director of the Reginald F. Lewis Museum of Maryland African American History and Culture in Baltimore, is concerned that the institution's heritage be preserved. "Our first concern is to protect the documents and photographs -- any tangible artifacts of history," she said. Mr. Sabatini agreed. "Crownsville occupies a unique place in American history," he said. "We are going to preserve archives and memorabilia to make sure they are appropriately preserved." This article is based in part on wire service reports. adapted from washingtontimes.com